Adding the total of two columns, to display total in 3rd column

Home Forums Discussion Forum Adding the total of two columns, to display total in 3rd column

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      ian baldock

Hi,

I am fairly new to MS project and I am trying to create a project where I am able to calculate the remaining hours left on a project. I have two columns thus far; site hours and workshop hours – these relate to total expected tasks hours. What I would like to do is have a third column that will add up remaining total hours based, so that on a weekly basis I am able to calculate the total remaining hours.

Your assistance is appreciated.

– Open the Task Usage view and apply the Work table; the Remaining column (Remaining Work) will show the total remaining hours.
      – Set the period of the timescale on the time-phased table (right part) to weeks; right click here and add the Actual Work to the horizontal detail.
      – Now, in the time-phased table, any week period that shows scheduled work hours (Work) but no actual hours (Actual Work) represents the remaining hours; and the sum of all these periods are equal to the total value shown in the Remaining column on the left.
      – Project recalculates Work, when you update Actual Work and Remaining Work by using the formula Work = Actual Work + Remaining Work.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.