Home Forums Discussion MS Project 2016 – Updating Master projects containing sub=projects

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Larry Christofaro Larry Christofaro 22 hours, 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

We have a master project that contains several sub-project. When the projects were loaded, they were loaded as “Read-Only” so that the Program Manager could simply see the updates.

However, when you open the Master Project, the sub-project updates are not there. How do we get the Master Project to pull the updated information from the sub-projects?
    Thanks.

#409838 Reply
    Larry Christofaro
    Larry Christofaro
    Participant
    • Community Leader
    • Expert
    • Forum Pro

Norman, can you elaborate your statement about loading projects “read-Only”? Does that mean that they are unlinked when they are loaded into the master? If that’s the case then absolutely, they will not be updated. Otherwise I could use some additional details. Thanks…

#409844 Reply

Hi Larry
    I go to Project/Sub-Project then find my project and select the mode “Read-Only” and leave the “Lin to Project” checked.
    This prevents the Program Manager from checking out all the sub-projects while they review the overall schedule.

However, as mentioned, the project update are not coming in.

Thanks…

#409851 Reply
    Larry Christofaro
    Larry Christofaro
    Participant
    • Community Leader
    • Expert
    • Forum Pro

Interesting Norman. I’ve never used that read only feature before, but I did a quick test (created a master with one sub – read only, saved the master, opened / changed / and closed the sub, opened the master again…and the changes came through). So I’m kind of lost with what you have you test. Can you try a simple test similar to what I just did and see if you get the same results?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MS Project 2016 – Updating Master projects containing sub=projects
Your information:

38 − = 29