One Project Overview for Multiple Projects

Home Forums Discussion Forum One Project Overview for Multiple Projects

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Jerry Todd

Hello, I’m trying to create a single report similar to the Project Overview that would report on multiple, similar projects at once.

For example I am leading the renovation of multiple apartments. I would have a project file for each of the apartments. We are moving resources in stages and some are deployed simultaneously.

I’d like to run a single report that shows all of the upcoming activity, any late activity and the project status.

When I create a master report of a project file that has each apartment in as a subproject it gives me a summary in bar chart form of the completion status of each apartment but doesnt give me any milestones, upcoming or late tasks.

Is there anyway to do this from a single report? Thanks in advance!

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Jerry, it’s been a while since the last time I worked with master projects but here’s a suggestion. Create a temporary master project by inserting the sub-projects without linking them (when you insert the project (deselect the Link to project checkbox). This will create a single project and allow you to report across all of them. You can either create the reports in a blank project or copy the report to your global to be able to reuse. Someone might have a more “formal, accurate, best practice” answer but this will at least get you the combined report you are asking.

Jerry Todd

Hi, what needed to happen was to expand the tasks by clicking the arrow next to it – then they all could be seen as part of the reports. Thanks for your help

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.