Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is eligible for 1 PMI® PDU in the Technical Category of the Talent Triangle.
In the third of the four-part “Digging Deeper” series of MPUG webinars, the “Learning More about Using Task Mode and Task Dependencies” presentation will help you to gain in-depth knowledge about the Task Mode feature in Microsoft Project 2010 (Manually Scheduled tasks vs. Auto Scheduled tasks) and will show you how to use the different types of task dependencies most effectively. This presentation will include the following topics:
- Manually Scheduled Tasks: Friend or Foe?
- Understanding Task Mode
- Auto Scheduled vs. Manually Scheduled Tasks
- Accidentally Creating a Manually Scheduled Task
- Problems with Manually Scheduled Summary Tasks
- Alternatives to Manually Scheduled Tasks
- Using Task Dependencies
- What are Task Dependencies and Why Do We Use Them?
- Avoid Linking Summary Tasks
- Be Aware of Circular Logic in Your Schedule
Dale Howard has been a Microsoft Project MVP (Most Valuable Professional) since 2004 and is currently one of only 57 Microsoft Project MVPs in the entire world. He is the co-author of 17 books on Microsoft Project and Project Server. Dale’s passion is helping project managers to more effectively use the software in very practical ways. His engaging and lively presentation style makes Dale a much sought-after presenter.
Have you watched this webinar recording? Tell MPUG viewers what you think!