Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is eligible for 1 PMI® PDU in the Technical Category of the Talent Triangle.
In the first of the four-part “Digging Deeper” series of MPUG webinars, the “Learning More about Inactivating Tasks and Inserting a Repeatable Block of Tasks” presentation will help you to gain in-depth knowledge about the Inactivate Task feature available in the Professional version of Microsoft Project 2010. In addition, Dale will show you how to avoid using copy and paste in projects stored in Project Server 2010, and to avoid the risk project corruption by using a repeatable block of tasks instead. This presentation will include the following topics:
- Understanding The Purpose Of The Inactivate Task Feature In Microsoft Project Professional 2010
- Understanding the Relationship Between a Baseline and Inactive Tasks
- How Does Microsoft Project 2010 Calculate Variance for Inactive Tasks?
- Understanding the Behavior of Inactive Tasks and Their Summary Tasks
- Using the Proper Technique to Inactivate a Summary Section
- When Should You NOT Inactivate an Unnecessary Task?
- Deleting Unnecessary Inactive Tasks
- Copying and Pasting Tasks from a Local Staging File
- Inserting A Repeatable Block Of Tasks From A Custom Task Library
- Creating a Custom Task Library
Dale Howard has been a Microsoft Project MVP (Most Valuable Professional) since 2004 and is currently one of only 57 Microsoft Project MVPs in the entire world. He is the co-author of 17 books on Microsoft Project and Project Server. Dale’s passion is helping project managers to more effectively use the software in very practical ways. His engaging and lively presentation style makes Dale a much sought-after presenter.
Have you watched this webinar recording? Tell MPUG viewers what you think!