1. Move your Quick Access bar to below the ribbon bars. That way it will hold a lot more buttons than if it is kept above the ribbon bars.
2. To add buttons to the Quick Access bar, right-click on an existing button and select add to Quick Access bar. To remove a button from the Quick Access bar, right-click on the button and select remove.
3. Some of the most useful buttons to add to the Quick Access bar are these:
- Scroll to task
- Print Preview
- Clear Filter
- Clear Group
- Publish (for Project Server users only)
- Publish as .PDF
4. The best keystroke shortcut ever is F3, which will clear any applied filter.