If you’re immersed in Microsoft Project and Project Server for your work, you’ll definitely want to head to Microsoft’s Phoenix bash, the Microsoft Project Conference 2012taking placeMarch 19-22. Here are 11 reasons to attend:
1. You’ve been working with Project 2010 for a year or two now, and it’s time to take your usage to the next level. This event is packed with experts on the product line — people from Microsoft and a bunch of other independent companies that work with Project day in and day out and have plenty to teach you.
2. At the same time, this is your chance to take your career to the next level. Refine your project management skills, add to your LinkedIn list, get answers to those gnarly Project questions, and invest in your future as a project manager.
3. Here’s your chance to network with MPUG members from around the globe. We’ll be hosting a private party from 4 to 6 on Monday afternoon, that includes cocktails, appetizers, fabulous prizes, and MPUG members, chapter leaders, and Microsoft experts. Register today to reserve your spot since attendance is limited.
4. Then you can move from that to the Microsoft Monday evening reception that includes more free drinks and appetizers. How often do you get to end Monday nights at home that way — especially now that Monday Night Football is a near-distant memory!
5. Still haven’t had much time to work with Project 2010 Not to worry! There will be computer labs on site and instructor-led training sessions to teach you about managing projects with Project Professional 2010 and configuring Project Server 2010.
6. If you’ve been meaning to get Microsoft Project certified, here’s your chance. Prometric will have a testing center on site where you can finally tackle that Project exam you’ve been meaning to take. No more excuses!
7. If you love trains like we love trains (or you just like saving money), then you can take advantage of Phoenix’s light rail system that will take you from the airport to downtown hotels for $1.75. (Yes, there’s a quick bus ride between the airport and the light rail system, but don’t worry — there’s plenty of room on the bus for your luggage.)
8. On Wednesday night, Microsoft’s taking all of us off to the Arizona Science Center, where you’ll have the chance to enjoy plenty of kid-free fun on the “Sky Cycle,” rock wall, planetarium, and dozens of other geeky exhibits. Plan to wear your playing shoes!
9. The exhibit hall will be packed with vendors demonstrating their latest products. If you’re looking for a specific tool to help you in some aspect of your project portfolio, we guarantee you’ll find potential solutions here.
10. The MPUG global team will be there all week long — and we’d love to meet you. Our booth will have experts on hand to answer your Project questions while you wait! Plus, we’ll make you YouTube famous! Share a tip you’ve just learned with the rest of the MPUG community on the MPUG YouTube channel to earn your place in a future newsletter.
11. Finally, there’s no place more beautiful than Phoenix in mid-March. It’ll be sunny enough in this desert oasis to sip margaritas by the pool. Waiter!
What are you waiting for Sign up now on the Microsoft Project Conference 2012 site.
We’ll see you there!