Certificate Series Directory
Microsoft Project 2003/2007 Essentials Microsoft Project 2010 Scheduling Essentials
“Essentials” Series by Version:
Microsoft Project 2010 Essentials
Microsoft Project 2010 Desktop Essentials
Microsoft Project Server 2010 Introduction
Microsoft Project 2013 & Project Online Essentials
The Beginner’s Guide to Microsoft Project
Microsoft® Project 2016 Essentials
Reporting & Scheduling Series:
Microsoft Project 2010/2013 Proactive Scheduling
Microsoft Project 2007/2010 Reporting Essentials
Microsoft Project 2010/2013 Reporting Essentials
Forecast Scheduling with Project 2013
Scheduling with Microsoft Project
Microsoft Project 2003/2007 Essentials
Microsoft Project 2010 Scheduling Essentials
Microsoft Project 2013/2010 Reporting Essentials
Session Format and Credit:
The course comprises of 3 sessions of 90 minutes each. MPUG Certificate upon completion of series and opportunity for 4.5 hours Project Management Institute (PMI)® PDU credit.
Session 1: Basic Project Reporting
Microsoft Project Reporting using Project Desktop and Office (Using Project desktop, Excel, PowerPoint, etc). Cover built in reports, getting data out of project, formatting reports – understanding what you can get out of the default tool.
- Selecting, Editing, and Creating Basic Reports and the new Project 2013 Reports (Burndown, Resource, and more)
- Configuring Print and Page Setup Options
- Setting Options to Correct Printing Issues
- Exporting Reporting Data
- Viewing basic information across multiple projects including resource allocation – understanding Project Standard’s limitations and when you need to leverage Project Server or another reporting tool.
- Creating and Modifying Visual Reports
- Viewing a Visual Report
- Customizing a Microsoft Office Excel Visual Report
- Customizing a Microsoft Office Visio Visual Report
- Saving Local OLAP Cube Data
- Creating Visual Report Templates
- Editing Visual Report Templates
- Managing Your Visual Report Templates
Session 2: Intermediate Project Reporting
Microsoft Project Reporting using Project Server and Excel Services in SharePoint
- By using Excel Services in SharePoint, Project Server delivers a suite of pre-defined reports out of the box. This session will include explanations and demonstrations to cover the following topics:
- Outline your ability to generate your own reports and report templates
- Give an overview on how to manage projects and portfolio dashboards by creating key performance indicator (KPI) reports using PerformancePoint Services in SharePoint
- Show how organizations can visualize their project and portfolio management process by generating and integrating a dynamic visual report using Visio Services.
- Provide an overview of all new reporting features that Project Server 2013 has to offer
Session 3: Advanced Project Reporting
Microsoft Project Reporting Using Project Server, SQL Reporting, Excel Services and PerformancePoint
Microsoft Project Server 2010 and 2013 integrate the Microsoft SharePoint Server Business Intelligence Center Web application, which provides a central point for hosting the reports, dashboards, and report connections that can be auto-created or manually authored to provide access to reporting data in Project Server for your users. The Business Intelligence Center can be used to host content created with Excel Services in Microsoft SharePoint Server, Visio Services in SharePoint, PerformancePoint Services in SharePoint, PowerPivot and SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Configure reporting for Project Server 2010/2013
- Come see the powerful Project Server 2010/2013 Reporting options:
- Understand which reporting tool can be leverage for your needs.
- Discover the possibilities of report configuratio
- Online via your computer and internet connection using Citrix GoToWebinar
- Three 1.5 hour sessions (three sessions required for certificate).
Certificate and PMI® PDU Credit
- MPUG Certificate for “Microsoft Project Reporting” upon completion of three sessions
- 1 PMI® PDU for each hour attended
Jacques Goupil, PMP, MCP, MCTS
If you are an MPUG member, you can log-in and view recordings of this series here: