Excel: From Raw Data to Actionable Insights. Mastering Pivot Tables and Power Pivot (3 of 3)
May 24 @ 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Whether you need to build an Excel-based dashboard, perform some serious data analysis, or simply summarize data for a personal project, Pivot Tables are one of the most powerful tools in Excel’s data analysis and Business Intelligence (BI) toolkit.
With just a few clicks of the mouse (and no complicated formulas!) you can quickly and easily build the reports, dashboards and charts that help you to summarize, analyze, interpret and understand your data which in turn helps you to spot trends and get answers to the important questions on which you base your key business decisions.
However, Pivot Tables suffer from several limitations, leaving users frustrated and looking for workarounds. Enter Power Pivot, a free pre-installed add-in from Microsoft. Power Pivot helps you to overcome those limitations.
Why you should attend:
From global enterprises to early-stage startups and small businesses, people everywhere use Pivot Tables to summarize and understand their data. Learning how to create Pivot Tables is one of the must have skills for anyone who needs to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries. This training will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own pivot tables and reports.
Who should attend:
You should attend this training if you need to use Excel to quickly build reports and summaries or if you simply want to learn how to create Pivot Tables to improve your knowledge of Excel.
You don’t have to be proficient in the use of Excel to attend. If you can create basic worksheets and can copy and paste and apply basic formatting to cells, you’ll be able to follow along. The training will be delivered using the latest version of Excel for Windows although much of the functionality is available in earlier versions of Excel.
- Use Pivot Tables to turn raw data into meaningful and insightful reports and summaries
- Structure your raw data in the right way
- Design and format your Pivot Table reports so that they are easy to read and understand
- Summarize your data in different ways including totals, counts and percentages
- Convert a Pivot Table into a chart
- Use Slicers to create interactive Pivot Table Filters
- Understand the benefits of Power Pivot and The Data Model
- Import data into The Data Model – the why and how
- Create Pivot Tables from multiple lists or sources
- Avoid the issues that surround working with large datasets
- Understand the basics of the DAX formula language to create Pivot Table based formulas
PMI PDUs: TBD Ways of Working, TBD Power Skills, TBD Business Acumen
IMPORTANT NOTE: Power Pivot is not available in some versions of Excel including Excel for Mac and Excel Online. If you are unsure whether this training is relevant for your version of Excel, please check with your IT department or see this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/where-is-power-pivot-aa64e217-4b6e-410b-8337-20b87e1c2a4b
Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is eligible for TBD PMI® PDU in the TBD category of the Talent Triangle.