**** NO SPOT REGISTRATIONS ALLOWED ****
All attendees should bring any one identity proof without fail as mentioned below:
Pan Card, Driving License, Passport, Aadhaar Card or Company ID Card
1. Laptop with Project 2010 or later version should be installed.
2. USB port should be enabled to copy practice files.
3. Bring your WIFI dongle or hotspot device (optional)
4. Bring any one identity proof for Microsoft security registration purposes.
The first place to start in Project Server or Project Online is to understand and customize Project Web App security, which is based on users, groups, and categories. Groups contain sets of users who need to access the same set of data in the same way. Categories provide access to projects and resources based on parameters that you define
During this event, the participants will learn the options to customize the following:
1. SharePoint Permission Mode versus Project Server Permission Mode
2. Manage Users including add, modify, deactivate and reactivate user accounts
3. Default Groups and their permission
4. Manage categories including create, modify and delete categories
5. Global permissions and Category permissions
09:30 – 10:00: Registration and Networking
10:00 – 10:05: MPUG Introduction
10:10 – 12:45: Presentation: Manage users, groups, and categories in Project Online by Mr. B Sai Prasad, PMP®, PMP-SP®
12:55 – 13:00: Upcoming events, feedback and closing
* Note: This event assumes you have experience in preparing project plans using Project. This will help you to relate the techniques and examples with your work.
What You Get?
3 PDUs in Technical category for PgMP, PMP, PMI-SP credential holders
Our Sponsors: Special Thanks to “Microsoft, Chennai” for the venue and food arrangements.
Mr. B Sai Prasad, PMP®, PMI-SP®, MVP Project, Senior Manager – Learning & Development has been with service provider Cognizant Technology Solutions India Pvt. Ltd since 2001 where he was named winner of the company’s Global Trainer of the Year award. He has spent 13,000-plus hours in mentoring, coaching, training 9000-plus practitioners on project management topics ranging from project management concepts, project risk management, project scheduling, Microsoft Office Project® to software estimation techniques.
He is the past Champion of Project Management from PMI India and also Champion Advisory Committee, PMI India. He is awarded the Champion of the Quarter (Q4 – 2012) and Delivery Excellence Award (2011-2012, 2012-2013) from PMI India. He’s also the editor of the project management book, Forecast Scheduling with Project 2010 and Forecast Scheduling with Project 2013. He is a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Project 2010. He is the President of MPUG India Chennai chapter – http://chennai.mpug.com – to promote and help practitioners on how to effectively use Microsoft Office Project.