Not a MPUG member? No problem. This session is free and open for all to attend. Enjoy! Register Here
Microsoft Project offers a robust and powerful model for managing project costs. In this one-hour webinar, Dale Howard will take you on a “deep dive” of all aspects of the cost model, including each of the following:
• Creating Work, Material, and Cost resources to prepare for modeling project costs
• Understanding how the Standard Rate, Overtime Rate, and Cost Per Use fields contribute to task costs
• Understanding the resource cost accrual method
• Understanding the behavior of the Fixed Cost and Fixed Cost Accrual fields
• Understanding the formula used by MS Project to calculate task costs (HINT: there is much more to the formula than you might realize)
• Using Cost Rate Tables to track multiple resource cost rates
NOTE: This webinar does not include content on Earned Value Analysis (EVA), a topic that could consume an entire hour all by itself.
Project Management Institute (PMI)® Professional Development Units (PDUs):
This Webinar is eligible for 1 PMI® PDU in the Technical category of the Talent Triangle.
Dale Howard is the Director of Education for PROJILITY. He has used Microsoft Project since version 4.0 for Windows 95 and he has used the Microsoft PPM tool since the first version of released as Project Central in the year 2000. He is the co-author of 21 books on Microsoft Project, Project Server, and Project Online. He is currently one of only 28 Microsoft Project MVPs in the entire world and one of only 6 in the United States.