Quick Links

Reply To: Updating Actual Work to recalculate (Planned) Work for remainder of Task?

Home Forums Discussion Updating Actual Work to recalculate (Planned) Work for remainder of Task? Reply To: Updating Actual Work to recalculate (Planned) Work for remainder of Task?

Larry ChristofaroLarry Christofaro
Participant

Adam, I’m not sure I understand your challenge. You are correct that whatever level you are reporting time must be the lowest level of the WBS. That is also the level that Microsoft will recalculate remaining months, as you are asking. Otherwise the tasks under that level will affect the remaining months, and it has always been a best practice not to assign resources to a summary task. The problem comes in, if I understand correctly, when you want to provide additional details below the time reporting level. If that’s the case I would recommend creating another section that you can update using % complete or however you want to manage those details.

I don’t see another option but there are certainly other people that have had that challenge and may have other ideas. Good luck…