Quick Links

Reply To: How to: Bulk add group of tasks to multiple items at same time?

Home Forums Discussion How to: Bulk add group of tasks to multiple items at same time? Reply To: How to: Bulk add group of tasks to multiple items at same time?

Steve

Larry,
not sure that im following you on that suggestion…

1) The same issues remains, how do i bulk copy past into excel so that I only past once, vs 100+ times
2) With excel option, It on the surface seems to be a worse option than cutting and pasting 100+ times into MS Project, b/c with excel- I loose all the relationship info (i.e. when I build out the initial task list I have the hrs, predecessors, ending relationships, additional column info, etc. By doing the work in excel, on the surface it seems, that i would then have to go into each of the (100*20) tasks and manually enter the info- so ive just created 100+ times more work…

Im assuming that by your suggestion to use excel, that the above issues are not a problem, and im just not seeing how to execute on the suggesion. Can you share your persepctive on specifc steps to take in excel that removes the original issue, as well as prevents the additional complications mentioned above.

thanks again for the info.
Steve