Quick Links

Reply To: How to: Bulk add group of tasks to multiple items at same time?

Home Forums Discussion How to: Bulk add group of tasks to multiple items at same time? Reply To: How to: Bulk add group of tasks to multiple items at same time?

Larry ChristofaroLarry Christofaro
Participant

Steve, I understand your limitations with this suggestion. The devil is in the details and this may or may not work in your situation. Anyway, some thoughts on your response.
1. Just to be clear on your first point, I meant to enter task information in Excel and then copy from Excel into Project. We’re not copying into Excel.
2. You can enter and copy multiple columns from Excel to Project (hence the word “probably”). Predecessors might be difficult but general column information can copy/paste pretty easily in either Excel or Project.
3. A little more on my general thought is that you can merge the information of two columns in Excel to create sequential task names. For instance, one column contains the task name and another column contains a list of numbers (1, 2, 3, …), then merge them into a third column to give you a numbered list of task names.

Hope that helps. If not I don’t have any other suggestions.