Quick Links

Reply To: Can Project Tell you the Date to Change a Previous Task?

Home Forums Discussion Can Project Tell you the Date to Change a Previous Task? Reply To: Can Project Tell you the Date to Change a Previous Task?

Larry ChristofaroLarry Christofaro
Participant

Sorry John, I’m struggling a bit understanding exactly what he wants to do. Does he want Project to do what you did but automatically? The easiest solution is to enter a milestone with a constraint on 7/29/2016. That will set the project end date (but probably not what you want). Another option is to play with the critical path. This will modify the fewest tasks as each change will affect the end date. You could even filter tasks to Critical-Yes and then figure out how many days each task needs to increase to end on the desired end date.

I’m not recommending that and actually don’t recommend it at all. Best practice isn’t taking an end date and figuring out how many days each task needs to get there. I might suggest using contingency tasks so that you can track real actuals to estimates. Anyway, I’m just trying to provide an answer to you your question. Hope that helps…