Quick Links

Reply To: How do I manage the start/end and units for a single resource in shared tasks?

Home Forums Discussion How do I manage the start/end and units for a single resource in shared tasks? Reply To: How do I manage the start/end and units for a single resource in shared tasks?

Larry ChristofaroLarry Christofaro
Participant

Seth, yes you can do all (with caveats) that you are asking to do. The trickiest is the assigning of specific availability of individual resources to tasks. One question from above, why is it that Scott can only work on the second week? Is it because you leveled the project and he is overloaded or vacation or…? I recorded a three part series on leveling using Microsoft Project that might help a lot on the basics. That along with a shared resource pool (not sure I covered that in much detail) and task and project priorities and you should have most of what you need. It isn’t something I would tackle without a pretty solid understanding of Microsoft Project, but it is doable. Your question isn’t really for a forum to answer but the webinars should help, and then I’m glad to help if you have other questions.