Quick Links

Reply To: MS Project novice looking for help setting up simplified project plan

Home Forums Discussion MS Project novice looking for help setting up simplified project plan Reply To: MS Project novice looking for help setting up simplified project plan

Larry Christofaro
Participant

Thanks Chris, and I apologize for the quick response. I didn’t put 2+2 together with the Simple Project Plan template question. From your goals and expertise in MS Project I would agree with the simple project plan, or no template at all. The template is pretty basic but most any other template is probably too much for what you are trying to do. The template is more like a training tool and starting point than a template to perform a type of project. It shows summary tasks and how tasks can be displayed on a timeline. Other than that it doesn’t really show you how to build a plan for a particular problem.

But, I’m not sure any other template will help either. My assumption is that you are looking for a pretty simple project. I might also suggest starting from a blank project. Then just take a look at that and other templates to give you ideas.

Build a schedule, assign predecessors, add and assign resources, and track % complete. The template won’t help as much as the knowledge to do just that. Hope that helps…