Quick Links

Reply To: MS Project resource Specific Over Allocation

Home Forums Discussion MS Project resource Specific Over Allocation Reply To: MS Project resource Specific Over Allocation

Larry ChristofaroLarry Christofaro
Participant

James, good question. You might want to try using the calendar to schedule 16 hours/day during those three day periods, and then assign that resource accordingly (you might need to change the calendar of the resource as well. Go to Project / Chang Working Time and select the Standard Calendar. Create an exception that starts on the first day of the overlap overlap and ends well into the future, then select the Details. Set the working day to be 16 hours and recurrence to be every 14 days. You will need to create three of them for each of the three day overlaps. You now have a calendar that has three 16 hour days every 14 day period.

Actually, I’m not sure I calculate three days of overlap but I’m assuming it is my misunderstanding of the question. Either way, you should be able to set it up. Not sure how you are leveling but give it a try and see if that will work for you. Hope that helps…