Quick Links

Reply To: Choosing Work Week for a Project

Home Forums Discussion Choosing Work Week for a Project Reply To: Choosing Work Week for a Project

Larry ChristofaroLarry Christofaro
Participant

Hi John. This is not a subject that I’ve run across much so I don’t have a set answer for you. Even with a set answer, every situation is different and it sounds like you have a standard (37.5 hrs/wk) but with India exceptions. I found a forum answer that seems to have a good standard answer, but there might be other options. https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/projectserver/en-US/65dbfda6-cd03-4186-97db-15a355c22866/resources-on-a-project-with-multiple-calendars-not-calculating-correctly?forum=projectserver2010general

One question, are you managing resource demand? If you are then your options are limited. If not, then you might want to consider trying different task types that could allow you to easily assign India resources to UK projects at 37.5 hrs/wk.

I know this question has come up before and there are articles and videos that cover this subject. I just hate to give you one answer when it might not be the best answer for your situation. Hope that helps…