Quick Links

Reply To: Run Cost and Schedule in same MS Project Sheet

Home Forums Discussion Run Cost and Schedule in same MS Project Sheet Reply To: Run Cost and Schedule in same MS Project Sheet

Larry ChristofaroLarry Christofaro
Participant

Anders, this is getting a bit deep for a forum question but I can answer a couple of specific topic:

Contour: “mold into a specific shape, typically one designed to fit into something else.” What I mean is to take the flat hours/week you get from an allocation and change the hours to a per period pattern (like front loading the hours in a usage view).
Moving remaining work: Example of this is in case someone is one vacation for a week. If you don’t enter actual hours then the planned hours remain. Those should move to the next week. Not critical, but more precise than just letting it happen naturally.
Keeping track as actuals are entered: This is hard to understand your question and probably harder to do a good job of answering. You have three month LOEs, two week packages, and task details as they are known. Maybe that’s what’s adding too much complexity to the situation. I don’t know how to answer your question specifically because it depends on requirements and probably warrants a conversation, but keeping it simple would be my recommendation on a theme. Hope that helps…