Quick Links

Reply To: Cross dependency impact Dashboard in MS Project

Home Forums Discussion Cross dependency impact Dashboard in MS Project Reply To: Cross dependency impact Dashboard in MS Project

Thanks for your quick response Jigs. I have multiple queries.

Yes, we created a master project sub project relationship. I know that we can create Dashboards using Report tab in MS Project and we have created few reports for them. But my question is very specific on showing cross-dependency impact in Dashboards. Eg: If there is an initiative with 5 predecessors (direct or indirect) and 5 Successors (Direct or Indirect) is it possible in MS Project Reports to click on a task and it should display only its predecessors and successors (Direct and Indirect). Also, I will need to view the dependency at the initiative level although the actual dependency is made at the task level.If the Dashboard is not an option at all then can I achieve this in views?

Also, can we use indicators or color code in the dashboard for the task status? It seems like indicators can be used only in views that too has a restriction that custom field formula and indicators won’t work for subproject in the master project.Is this a limitation in MS Project?