Quick Links

Reply To: Commercial Electric company schedule

Home Forums Discussion Commercial Electric company schedule Reply To: Commercial Electric company schedule

Larry Christofaro
Participant

Hi Jeffrey. Your questions are pretty broad but I’ll give you a quick answer. If your projects are not interconnected (relatively speaking), then I would prefer independent projects with a shared resource pool. The number of projects and resources are pretty high (doable but high) for a master project without a defined need requiring a master project. That said, there are a few caveats with using a shared resource pool, the biggest is to keep them in a single folder, and do not copy, save as, or move them. Otherwise you’ll have to reconnect the resource pool. There are several recorded webinars that can provide good how tos and best practices for doing what you are planning. I suggest doing your share of research and recordings before you begin. Another option which is more work and money to setup but will provide a lot of simplicity long term is to use Project Online. Just a thought…
BTW, I grew up near Elmira, NY…:-)