Quick Links

Reply To: MSP2016 Fixed Duration Task change work doesn't recalc assigned resource units

Home Forums Discussion MSP2016 Fixed Duration Task change work doesn't recalc assigned resource units Reply To: MSP2016 Fixed Duration Task change work doesn't recalc assigned resource units

André Stolk

Thanks for your replies Larry and Daryl!
I checked out the Peak Units and also the “% Alloc.”, both in the time phased part of the Task Usage view and the Peak Units also in the left part of the Task Usage view. These figures on the right part (time phased) show exactly what I expect to see when I modify the workload. When, in a Task Usage view, changing the workload of a 1 day fixed duration automatically scheduled task with a workload of 16 hours and a resource assigned 200% to it, after increasing the workload from 16 to 32 hours:
– the Assignment Units on the left part remains unchanged (200%);
– the Peak Units on the left part is changed from 200% to 400%;
– the Peak Units and % Alloc. on the right (time phased) part of the screen are both changed from 200% into 400%.
However, my client for which I’m figuring out this, has been migrated from Project Server 2007 to 2016 (quite a big step!) and he was used to the behavior in MSP 2007 that, when you change the Work, this also impacts and recalculates the Assignment Units in the left part of the Task Usage view. It looks strange that, when updating the Assignment Units, this affects and recalculates the Work, but not the other way around, modifying the Work, impacts the Assignment Units, as it was in MSP 2007. But probably this is the way it works now so I will advise my client to make use of the Peak Units.

By the way, Daryl, I can’t insert a column Max Units within a Task Usage view since it’s a resource property.

Thanks for your help guys!