Quick Links

Reply To: Scheduling from constraint date when the constraint date is half way through the

Home Forums Discussion Scheduling from constraint date when the constraint date is half way through the Reply To: Scheduling from constraint date when the constraint date is half way through the

Julie;
Adding to Sai’s comments. For the first half of the schedule, you can set the task Constraint Type to As Late As Possible on all tasks. While still scheduling from the start date forward, the tool will schedule these tasks to occur as late as possible based on dependency relationships. So all first half tasks would be pushed as close to the central constraint date as possible. If the constraint date moved either way, these first half tasks would also move accordingly.
I’ve done this on a limited basis within my schedule and it seems to work well. I’ve never done it with half the schedule.
It would also be easy to test once the schedule is constructed.
First, construct the schedule as you normally would with all the dependencies on all tasks. Add the constraint type column to a task oriented view, set the first task constraint type to As Late As Possible, scroll down to the last task before the constraint, shift click in the Constraint Type column (must be that column), right click in the shaded rows, click Fill Down and the tool will change all highlighted tasks to your desired constraint type as set by the first highlighted row. Then level and check the results.