Home › Forums › Discussion › Gantt view – show split when resource is on vacation › Reply To: Gantt view – show split when resource is on vacation
Project Scheduling and Scheduling Risk Analysis Course
Identify and examine the impact of risks to your project plan so they can be mitigated for better results.
Attendees will demonstrate the principles of project scheduling, from simple forward pass / backward pass and early dates to advanced use of constraints, resources, calendars, statusing. They will show methods of schedule problem diagnoses and discover scheduling principles to critical path, total ﬂoat and horizontal and vertical traceability. The course will show these principles on classroom exercises using manual techniques. They will be able to understand and present the issues and techniques for collecting high-quality quantitative risk analysis data using conﬁdential interviews. The attendees will complete several case studies by hand, each illustrating in simple terms an important principle just presented. Screens from Primavera P6 and demonstrations of Primavera Risk Analysis® and Polaris® present the principles so the attendees can return to their desks and implement the case studies on their software. This course covers parts of the Project Schedule Management knowledge area and the Perform Quantitative Risk Analysis process of the Project Risk Management knowledge areas of the PMBOK® Guide.
Key Benefits of Attending
• Find out how much contingency of time would be needed as opposed to relying on a project schedule alone
• Determine how much contingency of cost including the impact of schedule on cost is needed
• Understand the basics of scheduling compliant with best practices and to identify scheduling problems needing attention
• Learn why the Risk Register is usually incomplete and how to complete it using conﬁdential risk interviews
• Learn about Monte Carlo simulation and how to interpret the results of a simulation
• Learn the beneﬁts of using the Risk Drivers method to model the eﬀect of root cause risks on the schedule
• Learn how to prioritize the risks to prepare for the risk mitigation workshop
Who Should Attend
Project Control Managers, Scheduling Managers, Risk Managers, Cost Estimators