Quick Links

Reply To: Project was opened from a server in read-only mode

Home Forums Discussion Project was opened from a server in read-only mode Reply To: Project was opened from a server in read-only mode

Larry ChristofaroLarry Christofaro
Participant

Hi Kerry,
It’s a bit difficult to follow the issue(s) from above but I can give you some general statements that might help.
* Project by default opens the project schedule in view mode unless you specifically open it with an edit option (in PWA or Project)
* The project schedule is a single user edit that requires check-in and check-out, as you know. PWA and Project actually use separate sessions when editing a project, so you can’t physically open a schedule to edit in MS Project when you already have it opened for edit in PWA (or visa-versa).
* Saving a project as a new name and then deleting and renaming a project can create issues, especially if you are updating the schedule using timesheets or task sheets. The project may end up with the same name but to Project Server/Online they are completely different.

Hope this helps. I’m happy to go through your screen shots if the above doesn’t help…(you have my email address…:-)

Hope everything is going well…