Quick Links

Reply To: resource with 24/7 calendar with varying availability during the day

Home Forums Discussion resource with 24/7 calendar with varying availability during the day Reply To: resource with 24/7 calendar with varying availability during the day

Thank you for your time.

I can’t have a logger as 400% because I wont get the burning man when the night shift is over allocated!
At the moment I have one 24/7 logger and two 12/7 day shift loggers. I only assign the 24/7 and then if overallocated and if day shift I’ll manually replace it with the 12/7 day shift.

The reason I’d like to avoid manual adjustments is that each schedule consists of 50+ wells and there will be about 7 of these schedules rolling up into a master schedule as sub projects. The aim is to make a template which can be used for the other 6 as well. This is where Resource assignments become important, ie do we have enough resources…etc.
I understand, at the end of the day, each schedule requires a few manual adjustments.

I have to admit, I’ve never come across different resource availabilities within a day before and was wondering how others deal with this situation.
This could be possibly a good feature to add to MSP (ie let whoever available pick the task up rather than splitting it between resources)