Quick Links

Reply To: Project Professional Desktop 2016/ 2019: Version number and features

Home Forums Discussion Project Professional Desktop 2016/ 2019: Version number and features Reply To: Project Professional Desktop 2016/ 2019: Version number and features

Jigs GatonJigs Gaton
  • Author
  • Forum Pro

Not sure if this helps, but my numbers there are 1906 (build 11727.20230 Click-to-Run). Clicking on the About Project button, I see MSP 2019 MSO (16.0.11727.20222) 64-bit.

The first set of numbers refers to the Office 365 monthly build, which should be the same for all your other MS Office products installed – if the updater is working properly.

The numbers on the About Project page is a concatenation of version of the app + Office level + update level (I think). What all this really means is unknown to me, but can be a gauge to use when troubleshooting problems.

As far as new features, my guess is that MSP 2016 got a lot of new updates / features that were Office-dependent, i.e.were made to all apps in the Office suite at the same time, including MSP and Visio. And I would not rule out MS just saying things are new, when they are not.

Hope this helps.
Jigs