Quick Links

Reply To: Recalculation of actual duration and actual work (Project prof. 2016 stand alone

Home Forums Discussion Recalculation of actual duration and actual work (Project prof. 2016 stand alone Reply To: Recalculation of actual duration and actual work (Project prof. 2016 stand alone

Roger Heirbaut

Dear Jigs, thanks for your answer, but my problem is not about the difference between duration and work, I know it very well.
I’ll clarify my problem: Task A is planned with a duration of 5 days, I assign resource X, then it has a work value of 40 hours.
Later, when the task is finished, I ask resource X all details. He says: I did the job in 4 days, but I still spent 40 hours on it. Now that is something that cannot enter in MS Project Tracking table: when I modify ‘actual duration’ in 4 days, it recalculates ‘actual work’ to 32 hours, when I modify ‘actual work’ back to 40 hours, it recalculates ‘actual duration’ back to 5 days, etc… So I just want to enter the correct values for actual duration: 4 days and for actual work: 40 hours. I cannot see how.