Quick Links

Reply To: MS Project: Tracking 50+ Projects/Sites That Have The Same Workflow

Home Forums Discussion MS Project: Tracking 50+ Projects/Sites That Have The Same Workflow Reply To: MS Project: Tracking 50+ Projects/Sites That Have The Same Workflow

Larry Christofaro
Participant

Hi Denver. I know Jigs has promoted Projectplan 365 and has been very happy with it. I haven’t used it so can’t provide any response on that. I might want to add something to consider if a single PM is responsible for the full 50 projects. MS Project is a great tool, but can be a bit cumbersome if one person is opening and updating every one, and a 50 project master project can be unwieldy. I suspect that might be why Excel could be a simpler tool, especially if the tasks are few and updates are simple. By simple I mean just updating individual task status and not trying to manage affect on overall schedule. Using a single project as you mentioned might work if PM assignments are consistent and overall portfolio status across PMs aren’t critical.

As you can see it depends on a lot of factors: size of each site project, update simplicity, PM consistency, and more. Hopefully Jigs can help answer with Projectplan 365. Otherwise I’d start with a pilot and see how it works out. Good luck…