Thanks for the reply and I did not explain my problem clearly enough. For a Fixed Duration task type, I’m entering 2 variables(Duration and Work) and expecting Project to calculate the 3rd one (Units).
In Project Pro 2007, PM would use split screen to show Task Details(Project 2010 click the Details option on Task Ribbon). He/she would enter the Duration, then for each resource enter the Work, hit Enter, and Project would calculate the Units.
Trying the exact same process in Project Pro 2010, the Units always come up as 100%, no matter what combination of duration or work values.
To follow what you recommended, I inserted a column for Work in the Gantt view. I created a new task, defined Duration of 3 days, then entered 12 Hours of Work. Then I add 3 resources and it spread out the work correctly, but Units are incorrect. See below: In looking at Task Usage view, it appears the 50% comes from looking at 4 hours total for all resources each day.