Allocating Material Resources

Home Forums Discussion Forum Allocating Material Resources

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

When you use “material” as the resource type, then enter the quantity in the Task Information pop-up on the Resources tab, Project is adding one extra unit.
      For example, I am using “material”, prorated, for Room & Board ($100 per day). When I put 4 days in the Resource Table it gives me a total cost of $500. When I look at the Task Usage view, I see that it includes the extra unit ($100) on the first day. Why doesn’t it do what I tell it to?

Thanks.

Bruce

in the Cost\Use column on the resource sheet make sure it is set to “$0.00”. This is the field used to enter a per-use cost for a work resource.

Josh Logan

I have not run into that. but let’s take it from the beginning. How are you defining the materail resource?

Typically it is defined with a “Type” of “Material”, “Standard Rate” equal to some value; e.g. $1,000.00 and “Cost/Use” of $.00

Example: I would assign “.4” units, then you would have to decide how to allocate that cost over tinme. In the Task Usage view you could allocate “.1” units per calendar day, allocate the whole amount on the last day or the first day or whatever your process is.

It could be some combination of the resource definition and allocation over time is affecting the result.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.