Anyone else getting a blank screen when opening a file in Project 2013?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Anyone else getting a blank screen when opening a file in Project 2013?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Melissa Lewis
      Participant

Our team uses MS Project 2013, and we’re frequently seeing an issue when opening .mpp files. When the file is opened, the screen is completely blank – the Ribbon is there, but there are no tasks, no Gantt chart – nothing. It’s in Gantt view, which it was saved in the previous day (no changes since) and the projects have neither a filter nor group active. Changing the view doesn’t help, neither does adding filters or groups. The only thing that seems to help is to use the Reset the View option on the Gantt chart. I tried disabling the graphics hardware accelerator as suggested in one post but the issues was not resolved. Also ran a Repair cycle and it’s still happening. Anyone else have any luck getting around this issue?

Jerry Payton

I tried to get smart and directly open and edit the Global.mpt file in my C:\users\*username*\appdataRoaming\Microsoft\MS Project\16\en-US\ folder and MS Project didn’t like that at all. Fortunately I had made a copy before I started editing, so I was able to restore it. Can you make a new project? I couldn’t even do that.

Jigs Gaton

@ Melissa: is this happening with all projects, or just one file? Is the problem showing on one machine, or all machines with MSP installed? Is your installations of MSP updated to the latest update level? Can you post a file with the problem on a public site? Cheers,
      Jigs

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.