Anyone suggest a good book/reference for implementing Project Server 2010 for a newbie?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Anyone suggest a good book/reference for implementing Project Server 2010 for a newbie?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shogan Systems
      Keymaster

I am looking to join MS Tech Net and set up MS Project Server 2010 with Sharepoint Server 2010 on a rather powerful home box for learning purposes, and I am interested in a good reference for a newbie.  (I.E. Tips Tricks, pitfalls to avoid, etc)

Shogan Systems
      Keymaster

To actually install and setup PS2010, you might want to refer to this book, by the same author group: Implementing and Administering Microsoft Project Server 2010

Shogan Systems
      Keymaster

I agree… that book is not too shabby!

Question for you, Marc… are you wanting information / advice from a technical or business analyst’s perspective?

In addition to the ‘Implementing and Administering…‘ book, here is a freely downloadable guide that describes more best practices, tips, and pitfalls:

https://www.epmarchitects.com/free-download-overview-and-best-practices-guide-implementing-microsoft-epm

Good luck!

— tz

Shogan Systems
      Keymaster

We used the following book: Microsoft Project server 2010 for Project Managers by Gary L. Chefetz, Dale A. Howard & Tony Zink (2010).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.