Assistance Needed: How do you capture Non-billable hours on Project Server 2010?

Home Forums Discussion Forum Assistance Needed: How do you capture Non-billable hours on Project Server 2010?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Hello to all,
      “Best Practices” Question – How do you capture Non-Billable Hours on Project Server 2010?  (i.e. internal team meetings, training, vacation/sick, hours we can’t bill the customer due to internal errors, etc)
      All suggestions are welcomed by me.  Note, my organization is trying to figure out this dilimna as of this week.  I am currently looking for any open source resources for good ideas.  FYI, my organization deals with IT programmers/developers.
      Thanks in advance,
      Kia
      Hi Chiquita,
      My first question is as to whether or not you use Timesheets?  If you use Timesheets this is some default behavior that you can use.
      Collin
      Hello Chiquita,
      If you are using Timesheet tracking in Project Server 2010, you define the categories for administrative time under Server Settings -> Administrative Time.  The categories that you define will be available on the Timesheet for the team member.
      There is also the option to use Line Classifications for things such as travel time, on-site support, etc. if you have different billing rates for the same task.  You define line classifications under Server Settings -> Line Classifications.
      ~Ginger Drehmel
      Project Manager/Business Analyst
      Globe Education Network

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.