Change default PM permissions for sharepoint workspace site

Home Forums Discussion Forum Change default PM permissions for sharepoint workspace site

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sams rags
      Keymaster
      We need to change the default PM permissions when a sharepoint workspace is created for a new project.
      From the home page, I selected Site Actions/Site Permissions, selected the Project Managers group and clicked Permission Levels from the Ribbon Bar.  I then clicked again on the Project Managers group to get to the edit permission level screen, selected manage permissions and manage web site and submitted.
      When creating a new project and project workspace site, still the PM cannot manage permissions on the site.
      Any advice on how to change the default permissions for creation of sharepoint workspace sites is most appreciated!
      Sams rags
      Keymaster
      Sorry if this is a duplicate – I submitted it once, but received a browser error.  I have not done this in MSProject 2010, but I would expect it is similar to 2007.
      Instead of doing this on the workspace, you need to make the change on the template being used to create the workspace.  To do this, click on Site Actions -> Site Settings.  Under Galleries, click on Site Templates and make your change on the template being used to create the workspaces.  Re-save the template and then test it again.
      Sams rags
      Keymaster
      I am using 2007, but in most tables the first column is the ID field. When you look at the ID field it is in a different color and is always visible as you scroll the table left and right.
      If you wanted to freeze the task name, for example, you could move the Name field to the first column and lock it. Once you do that, you lose the outline like view, you can’t differentiate between a summary task and a base task; but the first colum is locked and will always be visible.
      I am so used to seeing the ID field locked as the first column that the table looks pretty wierd with something else in there.

It is not like Excel where you can lock multiple columns. You’re only option is the first column.

2010 is supposed to be more Excel like, so maybe there is such a feature; but I’ve never heard it discussed.
      Mike
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.