% complete on Milestones

Home Forums Discussion Forum % complete on Milestones

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      lucas madeira
      Keymaster

I have a block of Milestones at the top of a schedule. They are replicates from within the schedule for for easy viewing for those who don’t get the view or filter functionality.   There are 12 of them and six of them are marked as 100% complete however the summary level still shows 0%.  I would think it would be 50%.

lucas madeira
      Keymaster

Bob,

I’ve also used a milestones section and had this issue.  Here’s what I found:

The formula for % Complete is: (Actual Duration/Duration)*100.

For a summary with only milestones indented under it, the Duration for the summary is the span between the first and last milestone.

As the milestones are marked 100% Complete, they still have an Actual Duration of zero, so the summary Actual Duration and the summary % Complete stays at zero until the last milestone is completed.

When the last milestone is completed, the Actual Duration on the summary jumps to equal the Duration, and then the formula finally returns 100% Complete.

If you insert the Actual Duration column, you can test this out.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tim Jones

lucas madeira
      Keymaster

Thanks Tim – that is what I had resolved to – I was hoping I was missing a Roll Up” check box somewhere.

Bob

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.