Consolidation of Multiple MS Project Plans into One

Home Forums Discussion Forum Consolidation of Multiple MS Project Plans into One

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Native Linum
      Keymaster

I would like to hear other experiences with consolidating multiple MS Project Professional 2010 plans into one.  To create one dashboard and reporting, while keeping the other single plans current.

Steve Kelly

Native Linum
      Keymaster

Hello Steve,

At my company we have not deployed a copy of EPM as of yet. We are working on the data base development but it will be early next year before that happens. I currently manage 22 projects with 62 engineers in a consolidated project. I have created Gantt charts and WBS for each project and I track them individually and as a system wide project. All of the projects have interdependencies and deadlines. The master project allows me to look at the projects as a whole but editing and updating has to be done in the individual projects (limitations of the software) . We use a resource pool to track all people, equipment and supplies accosts all projects this allows for total project budgeting.  Seems to work fine with one minor issue, we now have another project manager located in Australia and we use the same resources hence, we are moving to EPM.

Phil Horton

Stergios Kokkoris

Dear Phil,

once you work consolidated plans, could you please give me your piece of advice with regards to different calendars of subprojects. How the different calendars of subprojects reflect on master schedule?

Thank you in advance.

best regards

Stergios Kokkoris

Venugopal Kondaveti

Hi Phil,
      can you please share your thoughts on how you achieved and how it is going on. Thanks in advance

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.