Copy activities from one project to another

Home Forums Discussion Forum Copy activities from one project to another

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

Dear Team,

I have joined a new organization. My Project Manager has updated about 19,000 activities as a separate schedule, which was originally taken from the 28,000 activities schedule. I am required to update those activities in the master schedule. If I copy and paste them, the text and duration part is OK, but how do I do it for predecessors and resource allocations ? Please advise

With Best Regards,
      Varun.K.Gupta

Jigs Gaton
      Participant

Hi Varun, if I understand what u are trying to do, I’d say stop cutting and pasting! That only preserves what you see during the cut, if I recall.

So, for a 28,000 activities schedule, that should be a master plan that imbeds a subproject of 19,000 activities stored in another file. 9,000 activities are in the Master Project, and 19,000 are in the Sub Project, just to be clear.

I wrote up the detailed cut and paste procedure once… but alas, it was a different time 🙂 But its not hard, starting with the original plan, dup that, cut them up in the correct proportions, then imbed the sub into the master – done!

The link to the article will be helpful. Thanks

Jigs Gaton

Cant find the one I wrote, but here is another one:

https://www.mpug.com/creating-master-projects-and-sub-projects/.

And before putting percent complete, do we set a baseline first always. Is it compulsory ? As in this project, there is no baseline set, and for many tasks the percent complete is given as 100% and for many of them, it is given as some value between 1 to 100%. How do I handle this ?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.