Create a Resource Pool with MS Project Professional files in SharePoint library

Home Forums Discussion Forum Create a Resource Pool with MS Project Professional files in SharePoint library

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      bert twomey
      Participant

Hi All,

Is it possible to create a Resource Pool with MS Project Professional files in SharePoint Online library (have Office 365). Or some other low cost way to see resource usage across multiple files. In general what is the best place to save MS Project in a SharePoint library or OneDrive or other etc.

Thanks for any suggestions
      Bert

Jigs Gaton

Bert, if you are asking where to put the resource_pool.mpp as you are creating a resource pool for your team, then I think the answer is right next to your project.mpp, on the same file system, whatever that may be, and hopefully that’s a local file system. Cloud storage, master files / subprojects, resource pools and other linked files will work more reliably locally when using MSPP. Different story with MS Project Server or http://www.projectplan365.com, where cloud storage works a bit better when dealing with linked files, such as resource pools. I’ve also used Dropbox for all files whenever those other two options are not available, and even have some clients that use Google Drive, but I’ve seen file-update anomalies on those cloud services, and that’s not good when it comes to resource pools, as that file is always updating itself; and if that get’s corrupted, oh boy…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.