Custom fields: using them to combine fields and display the result in GANTT

Home Forums Discussion Forum Custom fields: using them to combine fields and display the result in GANTT

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      James Welsh
      Participant

I would like to display the task name followed by the start date. I used the following formula:
      [Name] & [Start]
      When I apply this custome field to the Bar Style text the text does not appear. If I choose any default field (Name, Start, Finish etc) it works fine.
      What am I doing wrong?
      I am using MSP 2019

Anonymous
      Inactive

I entered your formula into Text1 custom field and was able to use it in Bar Style.

I’m using Microsoft 2010

I use these Custom Fields on Task Bars often (MSP 2013).

TEXT1 : [Name] & ” – ” & ([Duration]/480/5) & ” wks ”

TExT2 : ProjDateConv([Finish],pjDate_mmm_dd) & ” (” & ([Duration]/480/5) & “wks) ”

TEXT3 : [Name] & ” (” & ProjDateConv([Start],pjDate_mmm_dd) & “) “

Mag Nile

I’ll give it a shot. Thank you.

I read somewhere that the custom field columns must appear in the sheet in order for the info to show up in the GANTT chart.

Ismet Kocaman

Pls see the article here at https://www.mpug.com/5-tips-for-formatting-text-on-a-gantt-chart/

>> I read somewhere that the custom field columns must appear in the sheet in order for the info to show up in the GANTT chart.
      No. You do not need to add the custom field to the table in order to use it. The table is for our convenience, MS Project knows where the fields’ data reside in the project plan.

–Ismet

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.