Custom view

Home Forums Discussion Forum Custom view

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ahmed Hafez

Hello,
      I would like to be able to create a filter or a customized view of certain tasks, certain selected tasks to show for the project. And not just milestones or summary tasks.
      Just certain tasks of my choosing.

Thank you.

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Ahmed, you’ll need to setup a custom field or flag and then filter on the value of that field. Hope that helps…

Ahmed Hafez

Thanks Larry,
      Illustrate a little bit please.
      Let’s say, I have the following tasks:
      Mobilization
      Tree clearing
      Foundation
      structure install
      finishing
      commissioning

and I want to have a filter to only see Mobilization, Foundation and commissioning. and not the other tasks.

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

OK, create a custom flag field…call it Key Task or whatever makes sense. Then set the tasks you want to view with the Key Task custom flag set to Yes. Then create a filter that displays Key Task=Yes. If that’s still confusing then you might want to learn a bit about custom fields and filters. These are fairly basic Project functions and there are a lot of information online, including MPUG archive articles, that describe the functionality in detail. Hope that helps…

Ahmed Hafez

Thanks a lot for the quick response Larry.

Yes, this clear, the only problem is that the filer criteria are all pre-set, like, starts before, over-allocates, delayed…. etc, what I want is to pick and choose certain tasks, just select tasks, regardless of their schedule or budget or resource status.

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

You need to create a new filter that conditions specifically on that flag, and then apply that filter to your view. Lots of articles in MPUG about creating a new filter.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.