Enterprise Global template providing same info for difft. views

Home Forums Discussion Forum Enterprise Global template providing same info for difft. views

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      I am using Project Server 2007. I need to create 2 views in the Enterprise Global template: “Project Summary” and “Project Creation”. I created the “Project Summary” view with no problem. But when I create the “Project Creation” view in Enterprise Global, the “Project Summary” view takes on all its attributes. Help! I just want 2 distinct views. Thanks.
      HI Joel:
      The reason why Project Summary is now having all of the attributes was because you were using the same table for both of your views.  To have two distinct views, you need to have different tables for each of those views.
      Let’s supposed that you created View A using a default table A, and you want to create View B having the attributes of View A plus a few more attributes just for View B.  You can go and copy table A and a copied table will be displayed for you to edit.  Once the new table for View B is completed, then you can create View B and select the new table to support it.
      Hope this helps.
      Best, Joseph
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.