EPM2010 all Project Views fail

Home Forums Discussion Forum EPM2010 all Project Views fail

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Shaik karima
      Keymaster

I have EPM2010 installed, everything seems fine, but none of the Views work in the Project Center that exist under the “Project” section of the Views config. For all those views only I get “The view failed to load. Press OK to reload this view with the default settings. Press Cancel to select another view”. For example, Project Center displays fine, select a project name to see the view for the inidivdual project and it fails, try changing the View to any other at individual project level and same fail. Everything else appears to be working fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks Alan.

Shaik karima
      Keymaster

Alan,

It means that there is an issue with your Project Details views. Based on what I have seen in the past, it could be related to a bad filter/custom lookup table.

What I would suggest is this:

From Server Settings >> Manage Views>> project section, temporarily disable the default view that appears when you click on a project name (by removing all categories associated).

See if you can default it to a view that standard and does not contain any of the custom fields.

If this works, then the enxt step is to figure out which element is really causing the issue.

If you have access to the Server where the ULS logs are stored, that will give you some clues as well.

Shaik karima
      Keymaster

Hi, I have checked but also tried using a new view with just task name, start and end dates within it, and get the same error message. Weird that it is only the project level views that are failing and others seem to work fine. I’ve even got a project with nothing in but the task 0 and the view also fails if I try to drill into that project from the Project Center.

Jay

Did anyone ever resolve this?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.