fields changing automatically?

Home Forums Discussion Forum fields changing automatically?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ness

I need help to set fields with values changing automatically.
      I have a 6 phases project lifecycle (1 pre-launch, 2 planning, development, test, deployment, closure) and and 6 ‘project status’ (budgeted, macro-planned, ongoing, closed, suspended, abandoned)

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Ness, the phases “could” be if you can standardize your schedules and define specific rules for what phase is active (100% complete previous phase or some % complete in current phase). It would be a fair amount of work to roll these details to the project level and then use a calculated field to determine what phase it is in. I guess you could do the same with Project Status but based on the options I’m seeing this could be difficult to determine. I can certainly understand how these fields don’t get updated manually as they should (they rarely do).

I did a quick search to find a blog as this is a bit to document, and what I found looks like it came from Project Server 2003. The good news is that it’s from Ira Brown who’s a good guy and does a good job. The big difference is that you will be creating custom fields in PWA, not inside Microsoft Project. https://www.projectwidgets.com/wisdom/article3.pdf

Hope that gives you enough of a start. Let me know if you have questions.

ness

Thanks a lot Larry, your answer definitely help

Loriedokv
      Participant

Trial testing is necessary once the proposal has been written and a best custom essay writing service has been chosen in order to determine the error margins. These inaccuracies therefore hint to the study’s weaknesses. The writer’s fault of preparing the proposal in chronological order is one that should be avoided if at all

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.