Filter tasks on Timeline View

Home Forums Discussion Forum Filter tasks on Timeline View

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lisa

I’ve created a project schedule that includes a custom column that indicates what phase of the project the task belongs to – planning, development, release, marketing, etc. I’d like to be able to select one or many of the phases to display on the timeline, for example, display the planning & development dates or show the release & marketing dates. Does anyone know how I might be able to achieve this?

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Lisa, I might suggest creating multiple timelines, one for each phase. Project 2016 provides the feature of having multiple timeline bars within the same timeline view. But, in 2010/2013 you can still create multiple timeline views. Each phase would be a separate timeline but they could be displayed together in a PowerPoint or other option. One thing to note, you don’t have the ability to say you want a timeline based on an entry in a custom field. Using a custom field to filter out tasks would be a nice way to easily filter to the phases, but you still have to manually add the filtered tasks to a timeline.
      Hope that helps…

Sai Prasad
      Participant

Hi Lisa, You can do this irrespective of Project 2010/2013/2016 using a small VBA macro. I have provided the step by step instruction in my blog https://bsaiprasad.wordpress.com/2016/01/17/show-tasks-on-timeline-view-based-on-custom-column/

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.