Gantt bars size issue

Home Forums Discussion Forum Gantt bars size issue

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey,
      Why is it that the same Ms Project version (2010) is showing tighter bars when Ms Project is on Windows 7 or Windows 10?
      My colleague has Windows 7 with Ms Project 2010.
      I have Windows 10 with Ms Project 2010.
      We open the same stored file.

In Ms Project + windows 10 the graphical part is tighter, bars are less large. It really does not help the reading.
      Any idea how to enlarge the bars (without using zoom) ?

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Sebastien. I’ve not heard of that before but try taking a look at the bar layout. (Format ribbon, Layout). The layout menu has a bar height option that defaults to 12 in my version (Project 2016). If the differences are in the same project then that’s not the solution and I don’t have an answer.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey,
      Thanks for answer. This is actually a great workarround. Thanks.
      I have similar issue with other applications in Windows 10, where the resolution seems making things really very small. Althought almost everything is enlarged. So for some application it appears great despite the huge (be default) resolution of my laptop, seems they built in (win10) a mechanisme to enlarge some characters, graphs etc. But for some (seems not compatible) tools/application everything (or sometimes only parts) is very small.

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Ah, if it’s cross multiple applications then it sounds more like a W10 issue. You might want to try searching on an issue with W10.

Jigs Gaton
      Participant

@ Sébastien, have u tried your display settings in Windows 10? I run that on Macs (and those all have “foreign” resolutions) so I always have to jiggle the settings under Settings / System / Display to get things right (and big enough for my old eyes to see). The settings to note are “Change the size of text, apps and other items.” Perhaps “other items” might be progress bars 🙂 Also note the advanced scaling settings there. So why not play around with that? Just remember to remember what the settings were before you start, or if you are running Windows virtually like I do, take a snapshot first incase you want to quickly rollback later.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.