HELP! How to synchronize Job titles to Project resources.

Home Forums Discussion Forum HELP! How to synchronize Job titles to Project resources.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I am currently synchronizing resources from active directory (Name and active/inactive). The resource name comes over to project server like expected but I cannot find a way to move and associate their skill set or job title in the resource list.I have an easy 10 hours scouring the web for any kind of documentation with no luck. This is Project server 2013. Any direction would be so appreciated.

Brian

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Brian, unfortunately this is not an out of box capability and will need to be a custom developed solution (you may know this already). If that is where you are going, you might want to start with TechNet for technical articles that can help with this task. I can say that you are not alone as this has been a request for some time (and potentially on a roadmap for a future release).

Hope that helps…

Jigs Gaton
      Participant

Just thinking outloud here, but I’ve done things like before by using a resource pool with added fields. Then linking the projects to that common resource pool with the custom column(s).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.