Identifying Allowed Scheduling Conflicts

Home Forums Discussion Forum Identifying Allowed Scheduling Conflicts

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Nick Pallotta

Is there a way to see which connected tasks you’ve allowed to have scheduling conflicts? I have a few must finish by constraints and I know I have allowed some conflicts in the process of drafting the project schedule. I was wondering if there was a flag or indictor that I did this on these tasks. I’m not seeing anything in the task inspector.

Larry Christofaro
      Participant

Nick, you can ignore problems with the selected task(s). That helps for the task in question but you would have to do that for every conflicting task. That plus schedule changes may not be the answer you are looking for. Hope that helps…

Thomas Boyle

Nick, here are the obvious result of violated late (i.e. SNLT/FNLT) constraints:
      1. In the indicators column, the constraint itself will be indicated by a calendar icon with a red dot. This exists whether or not the constraint is violated.
      2. The constrained task and at least some of its predecessors will have Total Slack < 0, and they will be shown as “Critical.”
      3. If the schedule option, “Tasks will always honor their constraint dates” is checked (i.e. the default option), then the scheduling conflict will be allowed, and no other alerts will be shown. If the box is un-checked, then the task will obey its predecessor logic and violate the constraint. The indicators column will then show a yellow-triangle-exclamation alert together with the calendar icon mentioned earlier.

Nick

Thanks Larry. I will check these suggestions out Thomas. Thank you for them.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.