In PWA 2013, where are microsoft project files stored if no site is configured?

Home Forums Discussion Forum In PWA 2013, where are microsoft project files stored if no site is configured?

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      david.andrew.smith
      Participant

In PWA 2013, where are the microsoft project files stored if no site is configured? I’m a SharePoint Admin migrating PWA 2010 to PWA 2013. The users created 4 projects back in 2015 but never configured sites for each project. When i click on the Documents button in the ribbon for a project, it says ‘No site configured’. We can open the projects just fine in Project Professional 2013 but the file path only says //myOrg/PWA. I cannot find the mpp files in Site Contents either. Any help would be appreciated.

Dale Howard
      Participant

David — In Project Server 2013, all of the enterprise projects are stored in the Project Server database in SQL Server. They are NOT stored in SharePoint. Hope this helps.

david.andrew.smith
      Participant

Thanks Dale! And is it normal for PWA 2013 to fall asleep at night? We get a Runtime Error each morning. Whoever is first to open the page gets the error each morning, then its fine the rest of the day. Is this normal? If so, is there a solution? Do we need to edit the web.config file or is a daily wake-up script needed? Thanks in advance for any help with this!

Dale Howard

David — Excellent question. I am not a technical “back end” guy with Project Server. Therefore, I would recommend you post this question in the following user forum for the best chance to get an answer from a technical person:

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/project/bd-p/Project

Hope this helps.

david.andrew.smith
      Participant

Yes perfect, thanks Dale

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.